Hi there! My name is Ramli. That’s pronounced RAM-LEE, which rhymes with “valley.” I’m a Toronto-based product growth marketer. I help product-led businesses convert more of their free users into lifelong customers.
I’m a BMath (University of Waterloo) and MBA (Ivey School of Business) grad. After my undergrad, I worked with Java, Pyton and COBOL as a Marketing Systems Analysts at PepsiCo, where I developed high-profile analytics tools for the marketing team. After my MBA, I founded several startups and worked as the head of marketing for tech companies in Toronto, San Francisco and New York.
I’m a growth marketing consultant and educator. I help product-led companies convert more of their free users into lifelong customers. I’m the author of the best-selling book Product-Led Onboarding: How to Turn Users into Lifelong Customers.
When I’m not analyzing quantative and qualitative data to identify and prioritize growth opportunities for product-led companies, you can find me sipping locally roasted black coffee or brewed craft beer, filming and editing videos for YouTube, or purchasing a new snapback hat for his collection.
I also love helping other entrepreneurs and marketers. You can contact me, send me a short note to hello [at] ramlijohn.com or Tweet at @RamliJohn. Come say hi :).
BMath (University of Waterloo) & MBA (Ivey School of Business)
Let’s connect. Send me a connection request on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter.
Growth marketing experience
Coffees Consumed in 2021
- "Ramli was superb at understanding where I am with my business and gave some excellent advice and tips on next steps."Sharif Bouktila - CEO at Sapro Solutions / Edinburg, Ireland
- "Ramli unmistakably has the startup/entrepreneur mindset, and I'm sure could apply that to almost any topic."Rhys Arkins - Founder at Key Location
- "I needed to soundboard some ideas on growth strategies for my new business. One of the things we discussed was content creation. Ramli provided insight on his experience with video versus webinars. The rationale he shared was exactly what I was looking for!"Jason Perez - Principal at Red Bird Agency
- "Ramli helped me talk through some challenges I was having at my fast-growing company and identified key areas to focus on."Lana Lingbo - Marketing Director at Teikametrics
- "Ramli was very helpful in providing advice regarding user acquisition."YishiFounder at Wikispective